Monday, January 12, 2009

Colors Of Taste - Powders

It is with pleasure and anticipation that I introduce a new theme based event that I am calling Colors Of Taste - Powders.

pow·der (poudr)
A substance consisting of ground, pulverized, or otherwise finely dispersed solid particles.


I have always been intrigued with the powdery concoctions of the culinary world, the profusion of taste and aromas that that comes out a simple blend of spices and ingredients. They evoke a sense of mysticism. That secret ingredient made our grandmother's dish famous far and wide...
This event honors all those magical powders - masalas, Podi, Marinade mixes, spice rubs, good on their own powders like the rice flour, All purpose Flour etc.,from the simple to the complicated...each one unique. Any powdered ingredient in the kitchen is a worthy to stand on it's own in this event.
This event would be too wide without streamlining the topic, and for that I thought we could start with themes ranging from regions, specific types of powders, dishes made from specific powder mixes etc . I am still working on the details....but that should not stop us from beginning on this wonderful journey of discovering the colorful world of Powdered Love. Suggestions and comments are welcome.

The rules are simple
This is a once a month event. So you get almost a month to submit your entry from the date of announcement of the theme of the month, which would be in last week of the month. Please feel free to use the Event Logo in your post for the event.
1. Post about it on your blog with picture during the relevant deadline. Past entries are gladly accepted, please make sure you edit the entry to mention the event and link back to the event.
2.You must provide a link to this post and/or the announcement post in your entry post.
3. Your creation must be prepared for the Colors Of Taste - Powders event and cannot be submitted to any other blog event.
4. All entries must be vegetarian...sorry about that.
5. Please do not Repost.
6. No need to add picture, I will pull it out from your post.

Once you have posted your dish, send an email with the "Colors Of Taste - Powders: [current theme]" in the subject line and send to kadumangacolors(at) gmail (dot) com within the deadline.

Include the following details in your mail:
Name of the dish:
Name of the Blog:
Link to the dish entered in the event:
Your Name:

If you do not have a blog, just email the recipe and a picture.

COTS: Powders Calendar


UPDATE: Colors of Taste - Rice Flour

Smitha

7 comments:

Sunshinemom said...

I make podis rarely but will definitely come up with something this time!

Unknown said...

nice event will send some for this this will help me to post my podi recipes what i have in my draft thank you so much for the event

FH said...

I always am looking for tasty powders too since I am not good at it. Good one Smitha, looking forward to the round up already! :))

Neha said...

Nice event, i'm not much into these, but try to think of something.., Looking forward for the roundup, to know something new..

Anonymous said...

I'm new to blogging and I have some podis in my to-do list. Will definitely send my contribution to this event. Nice work!

Dershana said...

First time here. Interesting event, will send in my entry soon.

Sumathi said...

Hi..First time here.. nice even .. will send in my entries soon.

Post a Comment