Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Besan ladoo

I really like besan and Rava ladoo more than regular big boondi ladoo. I do like the motichur ladoos though :). This is a simple recipe I use to make these at home.


Ingredients:
Besan/ Chickpea Flour - 1 cup
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Powdered Sugar - 3/4 to 1 cup
Cardamom - 3 to 4

You can make powdered sugar in the coffee mill / blender at home. Add the cardamom after removing the shell and powder along with the sugar until the sugar is fine.

Dry roast besan in a saute pan for five minutes. Add the ghee to the power and saute until the ghee melts and the besan starts to brown. This will get rid of the raw taste of besan. Remove from heat and cool until it is comfortable to handle the mix add the powdered sugar and combine well. Then take small fistfuls of the mix and shape in balls to the size of your like.

I like these plain, but if you want you can add slivered pistachios, or raisins or fried cashews to garnish or add to the mixture before you roll the mix into balls.

The ladoos will harden once it cools.

7 comments:

Poonam said...

real yummies! wish I could pick one???

FH said...

I love these too, haven't made in a while. Looks so yummy, great photo. Send it to "Yellow" event! :))

Trupti said...

ladoos looks very delicious. One of my favorite

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and inviting ladoos. I was waiting for some festivals to prepare sweets, but these ladoos invite my taste buds! :)

Ashwini said...

Love them..Looks yummy and inviting..

Tina said...

Wow perfect and mouthwatering ladoo...

Smitha said...

Help yourself, Poonam!!
Thanks Asha, Trupti, Priya, Ashwini, Tina.

Post a Comment